Here at Mallett we are not interested in just solving your problems, selling you software, or giving you basic training. We want to mentor our customers to the point where they are knowledgeable enough and skilled enough to handle their own simulation needs. While this sounds counterintuitive from a business perspective, it is nonetheless true. We value our customer’s satisfaction far more than trying to secure business for the future by keeping our customers in the dark. Our 30+ years of operation has proven to us that this is the best strategy for long term success.
To this end, we offer a mentoring program to all our customers. This mentoring program typically follows the process below:
- A customer provides us an analysis problem that serves as a representative example of a common analysis they might need.
- Our expert analysts do a full in-depth analysis on the problem
- Once the problem is complete, we send the customer the finalized ANSYS database
- After they have time to review the database, we meet with them for several hours and walk through the entire analysis setup and results explaining the rationale and meaning behind all the analysis choices we made
- Following the meeting, our customers can call us anytime to discuss the analysis as they apply the same approach to other problems
Optional: Report Writing Mentoring
Our customers in the defense, transportation, and energy sector are often required to submit reports that are reviewed and approved by third parties. Therefore, we also offer mentoring on how to write a formal FEA report that will be accepted by other expert analysts. This mentoring typically involves us writing a full formal report for the original FEA analysis. Then we review the report and all the rationale with our customers to ensure their understanding. The customer can then use the report as a template for all future reports.