For 33 years, Mallett Technology has provided our customers with solutions to their most challenging Finite Element Analysis (FEA) simulation problems. Our state-of-the-art computing cluster paired with the full suite of Ansys® FEA tools enables us to tackle any type of problem, no matter the scale or complexity.
We have extensive experience with all facets of structural FEA including:
- Static Stress Analysis
- Vibration Analysis
- Random Vibration / Power Spectral Density (PSD)
- Harmonic Vibration / Sinusoidal
- Seismic Analysis / Response Spectrum
- Vibration isolation evaluation
- Transient Analysis
- Shock Analysis
- Non-linear Contact / Frictional sliding
- Large deformations and buckling
- Plasticity, hyperelasticity, viscoelasticity
- Thermal Strain
- Fatigue Analysis
- High cycle fatigue
- Low cycle fatigue
- Vibration-induced fatigue
- Thermal fatigue
- Weld fatigue
- Bolt fatigue
- Fracture mechanics and crack propagation
- Detailed Weld Evaluation (AWS and Eurocode)
- Polymers, Elastomers, composites, foams, exotic alloys, etc.
- Temperature and rate dependencies
- Fastener evaluation
- Creep Analysis
Time and time again, correlation with physical testing and instrumentation has proven our ability to accurately and efficiently capture even the most complicated system behavior. We have experience with nearly every industry and the associated standards, and we are confident we can meet your needs and exceed your expectations. Contact us today to discuss your project.
Below are some examples of our analysis projects. These examples have been generalized to protect our clients, and this list is by no means exhaustive. If you don’t see anything representative of what you want to analyze, please contact us and we can provide examples of some of our projects that are similar to your needs.
What are the critical speeds of the rotor?
- 10,000 RPM (high speed)
- Detailed bearing stiffness characterization
- Rotordynamics including Coriolis effect
- Natural frequencies and imbalance excitation
Characterized rotor and housing dynamics to determine rotor critical speeds and minimize vibration.